- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Social Security
- Georgia, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1997
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1997
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1997
Founding partner, Joseph Spires is a Georgia native with over two decades of legal experience. He specializes in Worker's Compensation, Bankruptcy and Personal Injury. From 2002-2008 Joseph was appointed by the Georgia Attorney General to represent the interest of the State of Georgia as a Special Assistant Attorney General in the area of Workers' Compensation. He has experience litigating Plaintiff's cases as well as defending cases in Workers' Compensation hearings which gives him the experience to foresee the Employer's defense to a claim and to assist an injured employee with obtaining the benefits he or she is entitled.
Joe has filed hundreds of bankruptcy petitions and prides himself on working with clients to make the bankruptcy process be as smooth and dignified as possible. His father was a mill worker with Graniteville Company for over 40 years and he understands that individuals can work hard, but still be in financial crisis. Joe has also worked extensively with Social Security Claims, primarily focused on Social Security Disability claims.
He has filed numerous lawsuits in Richmond and Columbia Counties for personal injury clients who were not offered a fair and reasonable amount for their personal injury claims. Joe has solid trial experience in personal injury claims and is not afraid to bring your case to trial and fight for you; he knows how to maximize the value of your claim and get the outcome you deserve.
Joe and his wife attend Warren Baptist Church and enjoy spending time together with their two children. Joe enjoys soccer and has coached for over 25 years and led his teams to several state championships. He is dedicated to developing leadership skills in youth throughout the community.
- John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Augusta College, Augusta, Georgia
- B.S. - 1992
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Mathematics
- Augusta College Soccer Team, 1988 to 1992
- Georgia Attorney General
- First Bank
- AT & T Publishing
- American Express
- Leiden & Associates, Paralegal-Law Clerk, 1992 to 1996
- Leiden & Leiden, Associate Attorney, 1997 to 2000
- Augusta Bar Association, Member, 1997 to Present
- Young Lawyers of Augusta, Member, 1997 to Present
- Georgia Bar Association, Member, 1997 to Present